BABSCO Supply Inc. is a reputable independent distributor of electrical wires and cables used in numerous electrical applications in different industries. We offer electrical components with heat shrink tubing to enhance protection and safeguard them against outside elements. Our extensive range of products ensures you find the right products for your projects.
What is Heat Shrink Tubing?
Heat shrink tubing or electrical shrink tubing is a crucial shrinkable plastic tube used to insulate electrical components, such as wires and cables. It’s commonly used in countless electronic setups, isolating critical wires or cables against external factors that can affect the electrical array’s performance, such as moisture, dust, sharp objects, and abrasion.
Without heat shrink tubing, short circuits and failures may happen. It will also cause expensive replacements and repairs, leading to downtime and loss of productivity. Additionally, electrical components with large heat shrink tubing are bound for more manageable and organized cable routing.
Benefits of Heat Shrink Tubing
Heat shrink tubing is a thermoplastic plastic that shrinks around electrical components when exposed to heat. After that, the material collapses to fit the component’s contours. It becomes a protective layer that offers substantial advantages to improve your project’s performance. More of its benefits are listed below:
- Safeguard wires and cables: The extensive protective properties of heat shrink tubing for electrical wires act as a shield against abrasion, oil, chemicals, and other intrusive elements.
- A second layer of insulation: Electrical heat shrink tubing is also utilized due to its tight fit around the wires and cables. It doesn’t deteriorate and won’t come loose quickly in applications requiring tight-fit tubing.
- Relieves strain: Numerous industrial and commercial applications require fitting cables or wires in tight and confined spaces that can shorten the cable’s lifespan. With heat shrink tubing, strain is significantly reduced, preventing damage to the cable.
- Organized and bundled cables: When cables or wires are placed closely with other electrical components, it can create a messy and complicated cable arrangement. With heat shrink tubing, cables are bundled, optimizing the space and enhancing the setup’s efficiency.
Common Heat Shrink Tubing Materials Used
A broad range of thermoplastic materials are used for electrical heat shrink tubing. Depending on the application, additives may also be added to enhance particular characteristics. Some of the most commonly used materials include:
- PVC: PVC is durable, resilient, and has incredible abrasion resistance. It has a low-temperature threshold of approximately 105°C. It’s available in different bright colors and can be manufactured with flame-retardant qualities. Therefore, it’s an ideal cost-effective option for low-temperature applications.
- Elastomer: Numerous industrial applications utilize elastomer heat shrink tubing due to its resistance against caustic fluids.
- Polyolefin: Its high resistance against high temperatures and chemicals makes polyolefin one of the most widely used materials in heat shrink tubing for electrical wires.
- Polyvinylidene fluoride: Its extremely robust characteristics, paired with outstanding resistance against flame, chemicals, and industrial fluids, make PVDF an excellent solution for stressful environments.
Choose Professional Distributors of Electrical Components with Heat Shrink Tubing
BABSCO Supply Inc. distributes top-quality wires and cables with heat shrink tubing. We understand that our clients have varying requirements in their electrical applications, so we work with pioneer manufacturers to deliver optimal results that guarantee successful outcomes.